PRIVACY STATEMENT – MAES DOLAU FARM CARAVAN PARK
1) Who we are
Maes Dolau Farm Caravan Park, Bryn Lupus Road, Llanrhos, Llandudno, Denbighshire, LL30 1SR (we, us or our). Under data protection law we are the ‘data controller’ of the personal information that we collect about you and as a data controller we have certain legal responsibilities concerning how we collect, use and share your personal information. We must inform you about this.
2) The information we collect
The types of personal information we collect from you include:
- Information you provide to us – personal information that you provide to us including your contact details (i.e. your name, email address, phone number and postal address) and your bank account details.
- Our correspondence – if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Sales and services information – details of transactions that you make with us and details of the services we provide to you;
3) How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide our services effectively to you – examples: to administer our services, including handling your requests, communicating with you (including about any offers or promotions); keeping up-to-date records about you and carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to make payments to you and receive payments from you (where applicable).
- to market to you – if you have not objected, to provide you with updates and offers about our products and services and the products or services of selected third party companies that we think may be of interest to you. (See paragraph 4, ‘Transfers of personal information’, below for further information). We may use your information for marketing our own services to you by post, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact us‘ section of this privacy statement. If at any time you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can let us know by contacting us using these contact details.
4) Transfers of personal information
We may permit selected third party companies to use your personal information, for the purposes set out in the section ‘How we may use your personal information’ (above). These companies may use this information to contact you. Selected third parties will be subject to obligations to process your personal information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy.
We work with carefully selected insurance intermediaries, who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, to provide you with information about relevant insurance services. If we intend to pass your details to them we will inform you beforehand and give you an opportunity to object. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information passed on we will respect your wishes.
We confirm that all personal information held by us about you will remain in (and will not be transferred outside of) the United Kingdom.
5) How long will we keep your personal information?
Where you have expressed an interest in our products or services / where we have collected your contact details for us to provide you with information about our services, we will keep your information for 7 years, or until you ask us to stop sending you such information.
Where you have purchased a product or service from us, we will keep your personal information for so long as you are sited on our park, plus for 7 years, to deal with any queries, complaints or legal claims you may have.
6) Legal grounds to process
The legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information are that processing is necessary for:
our legitimate business interests or those of a third party and these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your personal information. Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing). Third party legitimate business interests include the promotion of insurance services to you so that we have sufficient insurance coverage at our site(s);
- our performance of a contract made with you. This includes our providing you with products and services and our taking steps at your request towards, and in anticipation of, providing you with products and services;
- our compliance with legal or regulatory obligations.
7) Your rights in relation to your personal information
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us using the contact in the ‘Contact us’ section of this privacy statement.
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request us to:
- provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information;
- provide you with a copy of personal information that we have collected about you;
- update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
- delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
- object to our use of your personal information if our use of your personal information is causing you undue harm. In such a case we must cease using your personal information for that purpose.
8) Contact us
If you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this privacy statement you can write to us at:
Maes Dolau Farm Caravan Park
Bryn Lupus Road
Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping. Cookies can make websites easier to use by storing information about your preferences on a particular website. The information remains on your computer after the internet session finishes but you can delete them using some browsers, manually or using system utilities. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies.
How to turn cookies off
If you would like to turn off cookies, you can usually do this using your web browser. Click the Help menu in your browser to find out how, or follow one of the links below for information about the specific browser you are using. Remember that cookies can be essential to the functionality of some websites (e.g online shops and services which you log in to) so make sure you are aware how your favourite websites are using cookies before turning them off for these sites.
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering your preferences such as colours, text size and layout
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on the likes of Youtube, Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We may use Advertising Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards such as http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/iab-good-practice-principles
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
We may use Banner Adverts
These adverts are usually managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visits so they can personalise the adverts to you, ensure that you don’t see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working.
We may use Affiliate Cookies
We have a number of partners who promote our service on a success-only basis (i.e. instead of paying for advertising, we pay them commissions on sales). Cookies are required to allow us to reward these partners and these cookies are usually provided by specialist companies (known as affiliate networks). Neither us, the networks, or the partner advertising or recommending our services are able to identify you personally. We ask you to support us by allowing these cookies which ultimately help us to offer you the service we do at the price we do.